That’s why when you want to start looking better as a guy, it’s so hard to find anything that’s quality and works. Don’t worry though, we’re here to help.
The truth is, if you want to look better as a guy, you have to start taking care of yourself. From top to bottom.
Step 1: Your Hair
You need to ditch the $5 haircuts and start going to a barber that treats you as a bespoke client. We all have different head shapes, face shapes, bump and bruises that requires a professional to tell us what would work for us and what won’t.
Finding a good barber that actually cares can be tough, but with social media it has become a whole lot easier. Look up the different barbershops in your city and look at their website and social media accounts.
Look at the type of haircuts they do, are they modern? do they look good? Does it look like they care about their clients needs?
Read reviews, visit multiple shops if the first one doesn’t suit you – it’s a process, but hair can be extremely important for how you look, and it’s worth finding a good barber that helps you with the process.
Step 2: Your Skin
Having healthy, clear skin is one of the biggest ways to showcase your youth and vitality to the world, which in turn makes you look miles better than most guys out there that don’t do a thing for their skin.
What I recommend: Start simple, you only really need 2 things when it comes to skincare (that is if you don’t got any major skin issues, if you do, go to a dermatologist).
Get a face cleanser and a moisturizer, easy.
Something to wash your face with and clean the dirt and impurities, and something to moisturize and return the plump and moisture to your skin after you wash it.
I’ve tried literally dozens of brands when it comes to men’s skin care, I’ll list 3 of my favorites here:
1. Kiehls: Face wash & Moisturizer
2. Jack Black: Face wash & Moisturizer
3. Cetaphil: Face wash & Moisturizer
Step 3: Your Hygiene
This is a big umbrella of a word, so I’ll just list a bunch of things you can be doing better when it comes to hygiene:
- Keep your finger and toe nails cut and clean
- Groom your eyebrows (get them threaded)
- At the very least, clean your uni-brow up
- If you have a beard, line it up and groom it. Use beard oil to moisturize it and prevent flakiness
- If you like a clean shave, consider wet-shaving. You’ll get a super close shave that looks better than any electric shaver.
- Whiten your teeth with activated charcoal or white strips
- If you haven’t been to the dentist in a few years, go get a cleaning.
- Find a nice cologne you can call your “signature scent”
- Similarly, find a good smelling body wash.
- Groom your body hair so it’s not out of your control, I highly recommend owning a Philips Norelco
Step 4: Your Body
Let’s be completely honest here, before we move onto clothes and fashion, we need to talk body.
It’s no secret that a fit body makes you look better and more attractive, and also healthier. I don’t want to drill into this too hard, but if you got a few pounds to lose, or live a sedentary lifestyle, incorporating some strength training, calisthenics, and cardio to your day will make you:
- Look better, with clothes and without
- Feel better, mentally and physically
Your diet is also extremely important, cut out sodas, fast food, chips, chocolate, etc.
You don’t need to eat like a rabbit, just clean it up a bit.
Step 5: Your Style
Finally we get to my favorite step.
Style is fun, it’s a way to express yourself to the world. That’s what 90% of our site is about, so I won’t go in-depth about it here.
Take a look around the site, build a new wardrobe, find a style that suits you and express yourself!